I’m going to tell you a story. It’s a true story that has greatly affected the way I work.
About 6 years ago… Maybe more… I was given some advice by a man who claimed to be a big time root doctor in Memphis. Even though I work, I wasn’t confident in my skills. The thing about me… and a lot of people…is we get stuck in that acquisition of knowledge phase. At some point you have to use it to that you can gain an understanding of what you’ve learned. At the time I think all I was doing was smudging, meditation and acquiring stuff. No substantial work.
Anywho…. I was having the same recurrent problem with my car (3 accidents in 2 years) and I was convinced that someone threw at me or my car. I was in a Facebook group trying to get some ideas. Well…. I got it. Dude had me perform some work. Took me a quite a few days to collect the items and then a few days to get everything done. Part of the ritual included reciting the 23rd Psalm backward. (I should have seen it then, but was over eager) I did it. All of it. Without question. And my life went to shit almost instantaneously.
Dude kept after me to ask me if it worked. At first I ignored him. I was a bit salty and a very busy because I had to put my mundane affairs back in order. Then after I researched all the different parts of the work, I recognized what he advised me to do. I didn’t know who to be pissed at; him or me. He clearly had some ulterior motive, but I didn’t do my due-diligence either. There aren’t that many workers who give that level of advice for free. I had been hoping… beforehand…. that he’d want me for a student. But afterward. I was done. What he wanted was for folks to move to Memphis and help him out with a mundane business he was beginning. So he was out in these streets destroying the lives of gullible folks so they would relocate to Memphis to work for him.
- I’m a powerful worker. The swiftness and veracity of how the work came through was shocking. I have noticed that when I sit down and really study and plan my work comes forward like this. So I have rededicated myself into following that precise path in my work.
- I learned to never completely trust another person…. especially strangers…. when it comes to this work. There are workers out there with NO ethics or morals. They don’t care if the advice they give is right or relevant. I know readers who lie and refuse to give clients bad news. Others would see their competition crushed.
- I learned to listen to that still small voice. I’ve learned to quiet myself when doing this.
- I’ve learned to over research any information I’m given BEFORE I act it. I will NEVER AGAIN follow advice blindly
- I’ve learned that divination is the proper way to begin work. I had shied away from divination through the years. I remember when it happened. 2005. I got a sinking feeling from out of nowhere. I got a scary reading that turned out to be accurate. I felt like had I not known what was coming… I might have been in a happier place. Because there was all this dread waiting for it to manifest.
The bottom line of learning here is to take NOTHING on face value. And too good to be true is probably the case.